Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I thought I had a good camera


…it’s sad that my camera phone out performed. I don’t know what went wrong… I noticed this camera didn’t have a macro size function, like my old camera had. Sad that a newer camera is worse than the one it replaced…. but more so that the camera phone did better.

Any advice on mini photography is appreciated. I know I could do better with lighting, I didn’t go to a lot of effort when I set up this shot.

I didn’t get as much work done in the past few days as I would have liked, but I did spend a lot of quality time with my boys which is always far more important.

Anyways, I managed to prime my mini’s and I put a light brown wash on them to make the details pop out. I probably won’t bother with that step in the future, but for the first time painting 15mm, I wanted a good eye on where the details were, that and my eyes aren’t as good as they used to be.

Here’s the crappy pic my camera took:



Feeling sad about my camera now… I had put some effort into picking this one out, but I wasn’t considering mini’s at the time. Maybe it’s just a low battery. Before I give up on the camera, I am going to try a little harder tomorrow with better lighting and backdrop. I researched a little on TMP and have some ideas.
Thanks,
Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment